Selected publications (2012 – 2014)
1. Wood AM, Pasupathy D, Pell JP, Fleming M, Smith GCS. Trends in socioeconomic inequalities in the risk of sudden infant death syndrome, other causes of infant mortality and stillbirth in Scotland: a population based study. BMJ 2012;344:e1552.
2. Aiken C, Smith GCS. Early fetal life and cardiovascular risk in childhood. BMJ 2014;348:g175. doi:10.1136/bmj.g175.
3. Oliver-Williams, C, Fleming M, Monteath K, Wood AM, Smith GCS. Changes in association between previous therapeutic abortion and preterm birth in Scotland, 1980 to 2008: a historical cohort study. PLoS Medicine 2013;10:e1001481.
4. Smith GCS. Researching new methods of screening for adverse pregnancy outcome: lessons from preeclampsia. PLoS Medicine 2012;9:e1001274.
5. Kieckbusch J, Gaynor LM, Moffett A, Colucci F. MHC-dependent inhibition of uterine NK cells impedes fetal growth and decidual vascular remodeling. Nature Communications. 2014. In Press.
6. Aiken C, Fowden AL, Smith GCS. Antenatal glucocorticoids prior to caesarean delivery at term. JAMA Pediatrics In press.
7. Moffett A, Colucci F. Uterine natural killer cells: active regulators at the maternal-fetal interface. J Clin Invest 2014 In Press.
8. Xiong S, Sharkey AM, Kennedy PR, Gardner L, Farrell LE, Chazara O, Bauer J, Hiby SE, Colucci F, Moffett A. Maternal uterine NK cell-activating receptor KIR2DS1 enhances placentation. J Clin Invest 2013;123:4264-72.
9. Tattersall M, Cordeaux Y, Charnock-Jones DS, Smith GCS. Expression of gastrin-releasing peptide is increased by prolonged stretch of human myometrium, and antagonists of its receptor inhibit contractility. J Physiol 2012;590:2081-2093.
10. Yung, Hong-wa, Myriam Hemberger, Erica D Watson, Claire E Senner, Carolyn P Jones, Randal J Kaufman, D Stephen Charnock-Jones*, Graham J Burton*. Endoplasmic Reticulum Stress Disrupts Placental Morphogenesis: Implications for Human Intrauterine Growth Restriction. J Pathol 2012;228:554–564